Author Topic: Harry Pedler & Co./The Pedler Co. Thread  (Read 16593 times)

Offline windydankoff

• Into the Black Hole
    • View Profile
    • My solar website ... Find MUSIC tab on top
Re: Harry Pedler & Co./The Pedler Co. Thread
« Reply #120 on: June 15, 2018, 04:55:21 PM »
After disassembly, I would use my electric toothbrush (my old one) with a silver polish cream possibly with a bit of dish soap mixed in, to remove grime and tarnish. I would test it somewhere on the back side, or on some old silver object first.

See our topic "Electric toothbrush cleans and polishes clarinet keys!"
Windy / BLACK • HOLE Clarinets
C CLARINETS refined to concert standards
PRUEFER Silver Throat clarinets updated for jazz and ethnic mojo
Thanks to The Clarinet Pages

Offline philpedler

• owner of this site
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ClarinetPages
« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2018, 02:31:16 PM »
Great work, Windsong!

Offline 350 Rocket

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 22, 2018, 04:16:46 PM »
Most of the metal Premiere models have an identical stamping on the bell. The earliest one I've seen had a slightly more ornate engraved pattern, but the same nomenclature. The metal Premiere was introduced in February/March 1928.
Posted to the original The Clarinet Pages forum from my Power Macintosh 6100/60 using Netscape Navigator™

Offline zms5063

• Newbie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2018, 06:46:48 PM »
Add one to the list, W23453... The Pedler Co Elkhart Indiana.... Custombuilt BBb Bass Custombuilt wood. Original Case, no cracks or major dents. Two piece construction with E-flat on bell and extended throat to accommodate automatic double register. Silver plated with engraved bell. Its my recent ebay find. Broken Touchpiece-for lower joint b-natural fork- currently looking for replacement key before having one rebuilt Looking to restore, was quoted $800 + $125 for a rebuilt touchpiece.

Offline Djudy

• Newbie!
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Pedler and Co./The Pedler Co. Serial Number List
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2019, 04:53:14 AM »

If it helps, here's the starting and ending serials for every Pedler model I've recorded.

Metal
"Made by Harry Pedler & Co." professional model: 2847, 10075
"Made by Harry Pedler & Co." bass: 11490
Premiere : 3888, 15704
American, "Harry Pedler & Co.": 10728, 15711

I have recently acquired the metal Pedler American 10728; is this a Martin company or a Harry Pedler compagny instrument and is it considered a student instrument?  It's apparently in it's original case. No idea on the year however. It's got a stuffy lower register but is nice and full in the upper register, still looking for the right mpc to really see what it can do.