Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Penzel Mueller Artist 15027  (Read 33 times)

Offline Yelnad

• Newbie!
    • View Profile
Penzel Mueller Artist 15027
« on: September 25, 2018, 10:48:45 AM »
I have my grandmother’s Penzel-Mueller Artist made in Long Island City, NY.  Serial # 15027.   She was born in 1921 and played this clarinet in high school.  She purchased it at Barone’s Music House in Lockport, NY. It appears to be made of wood. I have a photo of her with the marching band somewhere around here.

There is some discoloration to the keys (green?), and the pads and cork need replacement, but the keys seem to be in working order. I am able to play basic scales on it, and I *think* all the keys work  although I don’t really have a professional ear to know if anything it out of tune. Is this something worth refurbishing and keeping in the family? I did play clarinet in high school and have recently picked mine up again to practice with my 11 year old who has just started playing, but right now my skills are limited.    ;)

How can I add pics to this post? Do I have to host them somewhere else? I can’t seem to get them attached but I can email them to someone.

Any information or input? Thanks!

« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 11:10:32 AM by Yelnad »

Offline shmuelyosef

• View Profile
Re: Penzel Mueller Artist 15027
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 04:26:10 PM »
I thought the Clarinet Doctor did a pretty good job of summarizing the good and bad of the Penzel-Mueller clarinets HERE
Soprano: Yanagisawa (Yani) S990
Alto: Yani A880, A990, Yamaha YAS82ZS
Tenor: Yani T880, T992, Yamaha YTS82ZS
Baritone: Yani B991, Selmer Mk VI
Flute: Yamaha J40, Muramatsu EX
Clarinet: Selmer CT, Series 9
BC: Yamaha 221mkii
Piano: Mason & Hamlin Model A, Fender Rhodes Stage 73 Mk I, Nord Electro 6HP