Author Topic: About the Internet redirects to ClarinetPages.net and ClarinetPages.info  (Read 101 times)

Offline philpedler

• owner of this site
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ClarinetPages
Greetings All,

I hope that you will still be able to access THIS forum and the ClarinetPages.net site.

I was shocked to find today that an Internet search took me to the OLD ClarinetPages.net site, not the new one.
I have added a redirect to the NEW site, so that more traffic will go there.
BUT Unfortunately, I am further saddened by how poorly the new site is working. It is so hard to navigate the new menu, and many pages in the new site have missing pictures or broken links.
If any of you have time to help me, it would be very much appreciated.

Dave and others, I changed a redirect that I didn't understand that seemingly went from clarinetpages.net to this forum.
SO some people may have trouble accessing this site.
Sorry!

If the site is broken, I will try to fix it.

Offline philpedler

• owner of this site
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ClarinetPages
Clarinetpages.com and clarinetpages.xyz go to the new site.

Offline philpedler

• owner of this site
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ClarinetPages
I think I have fixed the redirects for this forum and the clrinetpages.net site.

I find it hard to navigate in the new clarinetpages.net site.
Suggestions welcome.

Offline DaveLeBlanc

• Administrator
  • Clarinet-ing since 2012
    • View Profile
    • Watson Musical
The redirects work from here.

For a while I was updating every article page with a standardized format, but I haven't done that in a while.

I think we need a better/more standardized system for pictures. Some are broken (some I reuploaded). While others are not easy to deal with.

Picasa slideshows used to be pretty convenient but those are dead, so something else in that same vein would be great.
David Watson of the original The Clarinet Pages

Offline philpedler

• owner of this site
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ClarinetPages
The first thing I want to do is to scrap the side menu for every single page. I want to make a Wood page that has a table of all the wood clarinet reviews. And so on for plastic, metal, Albert, etc. It would be much easier to work from an index page than the menu of every page. The side menu gets too long and it is hard to choose subpages.

Offline LarryS

• I'm getting there...
    • View Profile
    • My Music Tree
I was thinking. When I visit this site I first have to click on All About Clarinets to get to the forum. Why not rename the forum All About Clarinet!
You don't stop playing when you get old, you get old when you stop playing.
Clarinet Pages are go!

Offline philpedler

• owner of this site
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ClarinetPages
Actually, I have already tried to change that, and I have failed. I donít know how to change that without loosing all our forum history. If anyone knows where a setting for this is in the SMF forum software, please let me know.

One way to do what you want is to save a link that goes right the All About page, and use that link when you visit here.

I got interrupted in doing the index pages at the cp.net site, and I will get back to that when I stop travelling.