Author Topic: GORGEOUS set of unibody "full-Albert" ["Oehler"] system Buffet clarinets  (Read 64 times)

Offline Tarh331_Dad

• Newbie!
    • View Profile
These are easily the most beautiful Buffet Alberts I have ever seen:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254559439649/

Those two horns are works of art - they should be in the Smithsonian [or the Louvre].

I guess the big question is whether or not they're High Pitch or Low Pitch [although even if they were High Pitch, they would still be simply magnificent].

PS: The horns even have the MOUTHPIECES & the BARRELS - meaning none of the evil flippers intervened and stripped the horns of their mouthpieces & barrels - I really, really hate flippers who steal the vintage mouthpieces & barrels [it ought to be a federal crime].

PPS: I've been sending private messages to the seller at eBay, telling him [or her?] that he's crazy to sell those horns, and that he oughtta end the auction early with no sale - because if you're an Albert system guy, those are once-in-a-lifetime horns.

Offline Tarh331_Dad

• Newbie!
    • View Profile
more pictures

Offline Tarh331_Dad

• Newbie!
    • View Profile
last of the pictures

Offline DaveLeBlanc

• Administrator
  • Clarinet-ing since 2012
    • View Profile
    • Watson Musical
Just...   WOW

Iím almost tempted to blow my unemployment on a buy it now.

Itís not often you see a museum piece for sale like this. I own a museum piece myself and itís NEBER going to be for sale.

Seller must really need the money, sadly
David Watson of the original The Clarinet Pages

Offline Tarh331_Dad

• Newbie!
    • View Profile
I own a museum piece myself and itís NEVER going to be for sale. Seller must really need the money, sadly

Yeah, when you see a museum piece like this for sale, it makes you feel like you're stealing from widows or orphans.

On the other hand, you could justify the purchase morally by the fact that you were keeping the horns away from the flippers, who would strip the horns of their mouthpieces & barrels.

[The flipper who won the auction would then turn right around and hold separate auctions for each of the mouthpieces, each of the barrels, the A-body & the Bb-body separately, probably sell the bells separately, and then sell the case by itself. Flippers are pure unadulterated Evil incarnate.]

Although I suppose you would want to make certain that the horns were Low Pitch before you committed to the Buy It Now.

Offline LarryS

• I'm getting there...
    • View Profile
    • My Music Tree
Very nice!
You don't stop playing when you get old, you get old when you stop playing.
My music blog:
The Music Tree

Clarinet Pages are go!