Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "The Wilmington" brand from Sax ProShop  (Read 3537 times)

Offline Airflyte

• Administrator
  • CONNoisseur of Vintage Ebonite
    • View Profile
"The Wilmington" brand from Sax ProShop
« on: September 05, 2016, 07:14:26 AM »
Hey fellow clarinuts, here's some recent news regarding what appears to be some legitimate clarinets in the works.

Looks like the ABS model will be available around October time frame. Stay tuned . . . . .

http://musicmedic.com/news/clarinets-from-the-sax-proshop/
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 07:16:58 AM by Airflyte »
"The Clarinet - in a class of its own"

Visit Phil Pedler's Clarinet Pages NEW website!
https://sites.google.com/clarinetpages.net/clarinetpages

Offline andybeals

• Proud alto clarinetist
  • Hi, my name is Andy and I have a Clarinet Problem
    • View Profile
Re: "The Wilmington" brand from Sax ProShop
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 09:03:57 AM »
But when will I be able to get a rainbow-striped clarinet?  Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple/violet (in that order).  I know at least twenty people who would buy one, if it were pretty.  (I've seen the Red, White, and Blue clarinets, so I know it's possible.)  Set up and in hot little hands before Christmastime, of course. 
The Clarinet Pages is where we answer the question: "Am I not a Clarinet and a Woodwind?"

Offline Silversorcerer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 12:30:44 PM »
Silver plated keys is a nice touch. Silver is self sanitizing and hypo-allergenic. You have to go back a few decades before you commonly find that on USA makes, and then it was reserved for the professional models. I have been fortunate to pick up a handful but most need some re-plating done.

While I am generally encouraged by progress reports on new instruments, it is quite obvious that the only manufacturing game in town is currently China. I have nothing against the industrious nature of the Chinese people nor am I opposed to open trading with them. I do however feel that the rest of the world has become precariously dependent upon exported acumen and imported manufacture as well as limitless credit and therefore limitless foreign debt. In the ad absurdum we will all need a paid Chinaman to tie our shoelaces if not to do the walking for us. Or maybe just to velcro the shoes on. Tying shoelaces requires manual dexterity. It used to be that home grown ingenuity was realized at home, and that made for a strong local economy.

Wars are generally won by the middle men and the opium wars were no exception.
- Silversorcerer (David Powell) exclusively for Phil's original “The Clarinet Pages" forum

Offline Windsong

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 02:03:04 PM »
I recently heard a report on NPR stating that millenials can't be bothered with cereal in the mornings, anymore, as it's too much work to assemble the meal, what with having to actually get a bowl a napkin and a spoon, and THEN having to pour the milk (I'm sadly NOT kidding).
Expert bubblegum welder, and Pedler Pedler.

Offline Windsong

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 02:18:52 PM »
Thanks for that.  Now, I really wish the Sax Proshop offered a one and two week one-on-one bench tech opportunity for clarinets, like they do for saxophones.  Perhaps, since they are coming out with their own line, they will.  It's still costly, but likely extremely informative and valuable.

Hey fellow clarinuts, here's some recent news regarding what appears to be some legitimate clarinets in the works.

Looks like the ABS model will be available around October time frame. Stay tuned . . . . .

http://musicmedic.com/news/clarinets-from-the-sax-proshop/
Expert bubblegum welder, and Pedler Pedler.

Offline Silversorcerer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 03:28:01 PM »
I recently heard a report on NPR stating that millenials can't be bothered with cereal in the mornings, anymore, as it's too much work to assemble the meal, what with having to actually get a bowl a napkin and a spoon, and THEN having to pour the milk (I'm sadly NOT kidding).
Chewing and swallowing is such a work-out. There's not a smart phone app for that already?

Of course it is not China that is the problem at all. China is the solution apparently. If I were attempting to get something built correctly and on time these days, I'd not be inclined to turn it over to a culture that can't figure sales tax. It's hard to expect productivity from a generation stuck in an identity crisis fantasy loop.

Which Gilligan's Island character are you?

- Silversorcerer (David Powell) exclusively for Phil's original “The Clarinet Pages" forum

Offline DaveLeBlanc

• Administrator
  • Clarinet-ing since 2012
    • View Profile
    • Watson Musical
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 05:26:43 PM »
I personally find it too difficult to set everything up so I put the cereal in a glass, put the milk in the glass, and then just vaccuum up the mixture - now I only have to wash one glass instead of a bowl AND a spoon!
David Watson of the original The Clarinet Pages
Irvine, California, United States