Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Adding attachments  (Read 3095 times)

Offline bbrandha

• View Profile
Adding attachments
« on: January 14, 2017, 11:36:31 AM »
I would love to show you my new Penzel-Mueller enhanced Boehm clarinet in A, but my files are too large. I can't remember how to change that, evidently, and when I check to see if it acceptable, it freezes the forum and I have to close out. I have a new computer since the last time I tried and it has changed the "how-to".

Ideas before I get violent?

Offline DaveLeBlanc

• Administrator
  • Clarinet-ing since 2012
    • View Profile
    • Watson Musical
Re: Adding attachments
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 12:39:51 PM »
If you have a Windows PC, here's what to do.

Right click on the image, and go to "open with", and choose "Paint"

Within Paint, go to the upper toolbar and click "resize".  It goes by percent, so maybe start with inputting "50" in the resize option.

Then, click the "save" icon on the upper left.

Look at the bottom of Paint, and you should see a little thing that says the size of the file.  If you dont, you can also exit Paint, find your image again, right click on it, and click "properties", and you'll see the file size.

Keep resizing until you get the image below 600MB.

Alternatively, you can just email them to me and I can change the size and post!
(daveleblanc@clarinetpages.net)
David Watson of the original The Clarinet Pages
Irvine, California, United States

Offline andybeals

• Proud alto clarinetist
  • Hi, my name is Andy and I have a Clarinet Problem
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 07:56:36 PM »
Or maybe we could get the 2002 image file maxes bumped up to 2017 standards?  ;)   I haven't had a camera that shot 600k images…in a very, very long time.

EDIT: Or should I buy new batteries for my Nikon Coolpix 5700?
Actually, at 5mpix, the images will still be too big.
Don't need anything additional for my Olympus C2500L - that will shoot images I won't have to play with - too much.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 08:02:43 PM by andybeals »
The Clarinet Pages is where we answer the question: "Am I not a Clarinet and a Woodwind?"

Offline Airflyte

• Administrator
  • CONNoisseur of Vintage Ebonite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 08:02:37 PM »
Or maybe we could get the 2002 image file maxes bumped up to 2017 standards?  ;)   I haven't had a camera that shot 600k images…in a very, very long time.

EDIT: Or should I buy new batteries for my Nikon Coolpix 5700?

Well, I'm just about done with a roll of black and white in my Olympus.  I shoot digital, but it's doesn't mean I enjoy it!

Go for the new batteries!
"The Clarinet - in a class of its own"

Visit Phil Pedler's Clarinet Pages NEW website!
https://sites.google.com/clarinetpages.net/clarinetpages

Offline Windsong

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 09:25:23 PM »
LOL, Airflyte.
I too love film cameras, as I have posted previously, but they are sadly no longer relevant.
Half the joy I took from photography was in the manual adjustment for each shot.
But the world will know that joy no longer.  We're all in too much of a hurry.
If a "photo" (if you can even call a digital representation of what the eye sees such) cannot be posted from the top of Mount Everest to FB in 15 seconds, these days, it's passe.
BTW, I looked for the micro USB port on my 1967 Nikon F, but couldn't find it.  Any suggestions?
 ;)
Expert bubblegum welder, and Pedler Pedler.

Offline DaveLeBlanc

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Watson Musical
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 11:03:18 AM »
LOL, Airflyte.
I too love film cameras, as I have posted previously, but they are sadly no longer relevant.
Half the joy I took from photography was in the manual adjustment for each shot.
But the world will know that joy no longer.  We're all in too much of a hurry.
If a "photo" (if you can even call a digital representation of what the eye sees such) cannot be posted from the top of Mount Everest to FB in 15 seconds, these days, it's passe.
BTW, I looked for the micro USB port on my 1967 Nikon F, but couldn't find it.  Any suggestions?
 ;)
It's impossible to even get film developed and printed correctly these days.  The best I could find without paying a bundle was to have the film developed, do a special scan on the film, and then have a digital image of the film.  None of that good old fashioned red room stuff anymore, I guess even Fujifilm called it quits with that stuff.

Offline Airflyte

• Administrator
  • CONNoisseur of Vintage Ebonite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 11:17:04 AM »
Actually, Kodak is bringing back EKTACHROME film. http://www.kodak.com/us/en/corp/press_center/kodak_brings_back_a_classic_with_ektachrome_film/default.htm
I 'm quite thrilled about that.

Sorry bbrandha, I think I derailed your thread.

*Windsong* - I think Nikon offered an optional prism housing with the port but I'm not 100% sure.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 11:23:20 AM by Airflyte »
"The Clarinet - in a class of its own"

Visit Phil Pedler's Clarinet Pages NEW website!
https://sites.google.com/clarinetpages.net/clarinetpages

Offline DaveLeBlanc

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Watson Musical
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 12:11:50 PM »
Actually, Kodak is bringing back EKTACHROME film. http://www.kodak.com/us/en/corp/press_center/kodak_brings_back_a_classic_with_ektachrome_film/default.htm
I 'm quite thrilled about that.

Sorry bbrandha, I think I derailed your thread.

*Windsong* - I think Nikon offered an optional prism housing with the port but I'm not 100% sure.  ;)
I'm guessing one would have to send it direct to Nikon to get the special processing it requires, no? Photography is back to being a rich man's game!

Offline Silversorcerer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 11:35:47 AM »
Ektachrome? Returning?  ;D Sounds like an April fools post! I hope not.
Time to break out Dad's old Canon F-1 perhaps? I always loved the color rendition of Ektachrome Pro (EPN) films. Talk about true color consistently. Of course if it looks like a dismally cloudy day that is what you will get. But it's great to have a process that doesn't lie return to availability. Next thing I will need is a scanner. I used to process all of my own Ektachrome with the longer chem process.
- Silversorcerer (David Powell) exclusively for Phil's original “The Clarinet Pages" forum