Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Harry Pedler & Co./The Pedler Co. Thread  (Read 36480 times)

Offline Windsong

• View Profile
Re: Harry Pedler & Co./The Pedler Co. Thread
« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2021, 07:28:45 PM »
Mike:  Please post photos.  I would love to see your clarinet.
Expert bubblegum welder, and Pedler Pedler.

Offline Catherine

• Newbie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 18, 2021, 06:29:45 PM »
Hi, I am in New Zealand and have a Pedler Clarinet serial number P16925 and the original case.  I am no expert in instruments and it was my daughter who played both clarinet and bassoon at school, but no longer plays and has left home.  I am wanting to sell it but have no idea of its value.  I also would like it to go to someone who would appreciate its value and derive some pleasure from it.  I just thought you'd be interested since I came across this forum and saw that you've been compiling all the Pedler clarinets and their serial numbers.  I'll try to attach a couple of photos.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 06:32:19 PM by Catherine »

Offline DaveLeBlanc

• Administrator
  • Clarinet-ing since 2012
    • View Profile
    • Watson Musical
« Reply #152 on: July 06, 2021, 09:17:02 PM »
Nice clarinet! Great period case too. I love that nice 40-50s style.

That clarinet is a LONG way from home, with the case badge as Indiana Music Co!

I confess I don't know any clarinetists in your neck of the woods, and shipping to America would be prohibitive. Value in this condition is relatively low, maybe $50-75 (in America) but I don't really know what the clarinet market is like in NZ.
David Watson of the original The Clarinet Pages
Irvine, California, United States

Offline cclontz

• Newbie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 01, 2021, 07:07:31 AM »
I'm trying to identify a Harry Pedler metal "Student" clarinet I have and determine it's value. The serial number appears to be 3008?? The bell engraving looks much different than other photos I find online and I'm not sure what the name for this design is. Most of the engraving on the bell appears to be done by hand. I don't know too much about it otherwise. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline 350 Rocket

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 29, 2021, 05:05:34 PM »
In all likelihood, that's an early one made under Pedler ownership.

When the Pedler metal clarinet was introduced in 1927, the only two models available were "Professional" and "Student".
Posted to the original The Clarinet Pages forum from my Power Macintosh 6100/60 using Netscape Navigatorâ„¢

Offline cclontz

• Newbie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2021, 08:48:22 AM »

When the Pedler metal clarinet was introduced in 1927, the only two models available were "Professional" and "Student".

Thank you very much for providing more information on my clarinet. Do you have any idea what it might be valued at or where I might start as far as pricing it? I have not been able to find any similar HP sales to compare it to.

Again, thank you.

Offline DaveLeBlanc

• Administrator
  • Clarinet-ing since 2012
    • View Profile
    • Watson Musical
« Reply #156 on: September 30, 2021, 10:52:36 AM »

Thank you very much for providing more information on my clarinet. Do you have any idea what it might be valued at or where I might start as far as pricing it? I have not been able to find any similar HP sales to compare it to.

Again, thank you.

Value won't be too high. As a "Student" is naturally worth less than if it was not a "Student."

Metal clarinet market is good as dead, though I suspect you might be able to sell it for about $100 since it appears to be in very good condition.
David Watson of the original The Clarinet Pages
Irvine, California, United States

Offline cclontz

• Newbie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2021, 12:05:51 PM »

Again, thank you.

Value won't be too high. As a "Student" is naturally worth less than if it was not a "Student."

Metal clarinet market is good as dead, though I suspect you might be able to sell it for about $100 since it appears to be in very good condition.

Thank you.