Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Jupiter clarinets  (Read 83 times)

Offline GrumpyMiddleAgedMan

• Humph
    • View Profile
Jupiter clarinets
« on: December 18, 2020, 06:28:22 PM »
From what I read, the Jupiters are roughly equivalent to the Yamaha's.  I'm trying to figure out the model order to them.
The current production is the 700 series. Jcl700n/s, jcl750n/s, also the JCL 1100s/ds.
Can anyone direct me to a list of the older models and differences or fill me in on the models and differences.
I know the 631 and 635 seem the be the old standard students. Not sure how they are different. capital edition cec 630 , carnige xl, JCL 637 are some other models.
Not worried about their line of bass clarinets.
Only happy mistakes here.

Offline DaveLeBlanc

• Administrator
  • Clarinet-ing since 2012
    • View Profile
    • Watson Musical
Re: Jupiter clarinets
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 02:29:32 PM »
boy, thats a tough question. I don't think Jupiters are overall "good" enough to make an in-depth study on model lines.

Pretty much any Jupiter is going to be "alright;" I don't think any of them are necessarily great instruments.
David Watson of the original The Clarinet Pages
Irvine, California, United States

Offline GrumpyMiddleAgedMan

• Humph
    • View Profile
Re: Jupiter clarinets
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 05:20:26 PM »
No, I don't think they are anything special either. I was looking at them in auctions and in general. I can't seem to find any sort of guide or list breaking down the models and the key features/differences. Student line of instruments for sure, but couldn't hurt to gather some basic information on them. I wouldnt waste a whole lot of time looking into it but I'm sure there is someone who is knowledgeable in the area.  It warrants at least a descending list of models I would think.
Only happy mistakes here.