Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I can’t find my serial number on any list  (Read 66 times)

Offline KittyL

• Newbie!
    • View Profile
I can’t find my serial number on any list
« on: December 31, 2020, 02:34:29 PM »
Hi all.

I have a clarinet I got from my grandfather MANY years ago. It is at least 50 years old but it could be much older. I have searched for my serial number on many sites and can’t find. Help!!!!!

It is an Evette, made by Buffet, Crampon. Made in Paris, France. The logo is imprinted on the clarinet. The serial number is D13816. I don’t see this number represented in any of the serial number lists I have looked up. I want to know the age and worth. Help!

Thanks!!!

Offline Airflyte

• Administrator
  • CONNoisseur of Vintage Ebonite
    • View Profile
Re: I can’t find my serial number on any list
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 06:23:47 PM »
Welcome to the Clarinet Pages forum Kitty.

Your French made Evette would date back to 1969. It was most likely manufactured in the Marlerne factory vs. the Buffet factory. The quality is good and can be compared to a modern Buffet E11 model.

See the attached serial number list. It's the standard list for Evette and Evette-Schaeffer clarinets.
(attachments not working at the moment - sorry.)

I would value a fully playable French Evette in very good condition at 300-400 dollars. That would be a clarinet with newer pads/corks, sharp tenons, no plating wear and no crack/repairs.

With old pads, previous repairs, leaks or other issues the value will drop dramatically as with any instrument.
"The Clarinet - in a class of its own"

Visit Phil Pedler's Clarinet Pages NEW website!
https://sites.google.com/clarinetpages.net/clarinetpages