Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Clarinet Double Case  (Read 129 times)

Offline Bklyn4330!

• Newbie!
    • View Profile
New Clarinet Double Case
« on: January 02, 2023, 12:25:02 PM »
Hi all.

Happy New Year to all.

Long story short, I have been looking for a double clarinet case for awhile and the more I look, the more confusing it gets.

I actually need a double case dispute the fact that I have what are 2 Bb clarinets I lug around.

At the moment, I am thinking of the ROYAL GLOBAL ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT DOUBLE CLARINET CASE from B Corbin Clarinet. It is very expensive but it looks wonderful.

The real reason for the double case is that I believe that the single case cases are not large enough to hold standard sized sheet music. (Am I wrong? Are there some out there that are made large enough to hold sheet music?

ANY help or ideas on a new clarinet case welcome.

Best to all.

Howard

Offline mechanic

• View Profile
Re: New Clarinet Double Case
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 05:45:47 PM »
Some of the old Conn single Bb cases have a spot inside the lid that measures 9 1/2" x 14" for holding sheet music.  Although, it will be tough to find one in really nice condition.  You'll need to find one with this layout.

For Phil's  " The Clarinet Pages " forum. https://clarinetpages.info/

Offline DaveLeBlanc

• Administrator
  • Clarinet-ing since 2012
    • View Profile
    • Watson Musical
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 07:04:52 PM »
Those extra-large cases can definitely hold full size sheets. Your best bet is to scour ebay for a clarinet in that case, then junk or sell the clarinet, and keep the case. It will be cheaper than buying a new double case.
David Watson of the original The Clarinet Pages
Irvine, California, United States

Offline brigaltman

• Woodwind Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 08:05:07 PM »
Hi,

Another option would be the oversized Normandy/Noblet cases. I think I have one. They would be a lot less expensive than the new ones.
SW Michigan Clarinets

Offline Bklyn4330!

• Newbie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2023, 11:56:23 AM »
Some of the old Conn single Bb cases have a spot inside the lid that measures 9 1/2" x 14" for holding sheet music.  Although, it will be tough to find one in really nice condition.  You'll need to find one with this layout.

Wow. That is a beauty. I was on eBay last night looking. I will keep doing that.

Offline Bklyn4330!

• Newbie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2023, 11:57:32 AM »
Those extra-large cases can definitely hold full size sheets. Your best bet is to scour ebay for a clarinet in that case, then junk or sell the clarinet, and keep the case. It will be cheaper than buying a new double case.

I thank you for responding. I am in the process of scouring eBay now.

Offline Bklyn4330!

• Newbie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2023, 11:59:52 AM »
Hi,

Another option would be the oversized Normandy/Noblet cases. I think I have one. They would be a lot less expensive than the new ones.

Looking around for used stuff. My teacher gave me an idea at my last lesson. He said, why not get a very small case that only holds and protects the clarinet and toss it in your backpack so you have room for music and gear. That sounds like an interesting idea.

Offline mechanic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2023, 04:16:33 PM »

Looking around for used stuff. My teacher gave me an idea at my last lesson. He said, why not get a very small case that only holds and protects the clarinet and toss it in your backpack so you have room for music and gear. That sounds like an interesting idea.

If you goes this route, the Vito clam shell cases are sturdy and about as small as they come
For Phil's  " The Clarinet Pages " forum. https://clarinetpages.info/